Welcome to our database documentation. Here, we shall look in detail at the model and structure of the Genesis database, and the different ways we can interact with it.
Before you start doing anything clever, there are some useful basics that will give you an understanding of the way the Genesis database works.
- Data Model - start by looking at how you can define your data model, which is built on fields, tables and views.
- Database Concepts - you can then find out about read, write and subscribe operations and how each operation works.
- Data Types - finally, have a look at the different entities used in the Genesis low-code platform.
Interacting with the database
Once you know the basics, you can explore the details of how you can interact with the database.
- Database Interface - You can have a look at the database interface for the standard methods of interacting with the database.
- Helper Classes - You can look at helper classes for details of classes such as Subscription, Write Result and Modify Details.
- Find out more about our Async and RxJava APIs.
- You can then explore specific APIs, such as the Event Handler API and Authorisation API.